In response to recent concerns around the spread of COVID-19 and student travel groups, School District 60 has connected with our Northern Health Medical Officer and confirmed the following information and procedures:
- There are currently no confirmed cases in our region
- The risk for transmission in BC remains low
- Updates and the latest information on COVID can be found on the Northern Health Website at www.northernhealth.ca
- No additional measures are recommended at this point beyond the hygiene procedures and self-monitoring that have been communicated via the health authorities and parent letters. These resources can also be found on our district website at www.prn.bc.ca
- Out of an abundance of caution, the district is providing additional sanitizer products to all schools and our custodians are providing enhanced disinfectant protocols in all schools.
- The medical health officer does not recommend the quarantine of all students returning from travel. Any staff or students who are symptomatic are encouraged to self-isolate and seek medical attention.
- SD60 March 2nd, 2020 Letter for Parents / Guardians / Families
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 for Children and Students
- BC Centres for Disease Control – Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) page
- Travel Health Notices – Government of Canada
- World Health Organization – Clean hands protect against infection
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of the novel coronavirus, should contact their primary care provider, local public health office, or call 8-1-1.
Public Health Agency of Canada has set up a 2019 novel coronavirus telephone information line at: 1-833-784-4397.
– 30 –