We are now accepting registrations online for Alwin Holland, Bert Ambrose , Duncan Cran, and Robert Ogilvie. Possible Future sites are listed on the registration form and families can register to get on the waitlist.
With May 2021 changes to Child Care Licensing Regulations we are able to provide childcare to those registered in before and after school care on Non-Instructional Days. Depending on interest care may be provided in one or two school sites. Preference will be given to students already registered in SD60 BASC programs.
School District 60 Before and After School Fees
These fees will be adjusted annually. March and December fees will be pro-rated. The BASC program runs on school days and care options will be available for non-instructional days. Normal operating hours start at 7am and end at 6pm. Inquire with the coordinator about possible earlier start times. See information on fee reduction below the table.
|Program||Cost per month|
|Before and After School Care - Full Time||$500|
|Before School Care - Full time||$200|
|After School Care - Full Time||$300|
Please contact the Before and After School Care Coordinator at email@example.com or 250-264-7186 about
- Part time fees
- Fee reduction for Kindergarten students (up to a maximum of $100 off per month depending on eligibility from CCRFI)
- The Affordable Child Care Benefit. (see estimator below)
You can estimate the Affordable Child Care Benefit you may be eligible for at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/child-care-funding/child-care-benefit
New Before and After School Care Options Being Added
In late 2020 School District 60 received grants from the Ministry of Children and Families to create Before and After School Care spaces at four of our elementary schools including:
- Alwin Holland – Open April 12, 2021
- Bert Ambrose – Open April 1, 2021
- Duncan Cran – Open March 1st, 2021
- Robert Ogilvie – Planning for September 2021
Work has begun towards starting these programs. If you would be interested in seats in these before and after school programs please fill out the expedited enrollment inquiry survey below page. This information will be used to determine the opening order of the sites. We expect one or more will be open by the Spring of 2021 and aim for all four to be open by September 2021. Please note these seats are only for students already attending SD60 schools.
Before and After School Care in our Schools
- Alwin Holland Elementary (Opened April 2021)
- Anne Roberts Young Elementary (Operated by YMCA of Northern British Columbia)
- Bert Ambrose Elementary (Opened April 2021)
- Duncan Cran Elementary (Opened March 2021)
- Margaret Ma Murray Community School (Operated by YMCA of Northern British Columbia)
- Robert Ogilvie Elementary (Opening Fall 2021)
Charlie Lake Elementary (Operated by RASCALS 250-785-9894)
More Information on Child Care
For more information on child care options please connect with Child Care Resource & Referral through their website at https://www.spcrs.ca/programs/child-care-resource-referral