We are now accepting waitlist applications online for Before and After School care at Alwin Holland, Bert Ambrose , Duncan Cran, and Taylor.
For Ecole Central or CM Finch transportation between a Before and After School site listed above and the school may be possible. Please register and our coordinator will be in touch.
With May 2021 changes to Child Care Licensing Regulations we are able to provide childcare to those registered in before and after school care on Non-Instructional Days, and select days during school breaks. Depending on interest care may be provided in one or two school sites. Preference will be given to students already registered in SD60 BASC programs.
School District 60 Before and After School Fees
These fees will be adjusted annually. March and December fees will be pro-rated. The BASC program runs on school days and care options will be available for non-instructional days. Normal operating hours start at 7am and end at 6pm. Inquire with the coordinator about possible earlier start times. See information on fee reduction below the table.
|Program||Cost per month|
|Before and After School Care - Full Time||$500|
|Before School Care - Full time||$200|
|After School Care - Full Time||$300|
|Transportation Charge if required||$20|
Please contact the Before and After School Care Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-264-7186 about
- Part time fees
- Fee reduction for Kindergarten students (up to a maximum of $100 off per month depending on eligibility from CCRFI)
- The Affordable Child Care Benefit. (see estimator below)
You can estimate the Affordable Child Care Benefit you may be eligible for at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/child-care-funding/child-care-benefit
Before and After School Care in our Schools
- Alwin Holland Elementary (Opened April 2021)
- Anne Roberts Young Elementary (Operated by YMCA of Northern British Columbia)
- Bert Ambrose Elementary (Opened April 2021)
Charlie Lake Elementary (Operated by RASCALS 250-785-9894)
- Duncan Cran Elementary (Opened March 2021)
- Margaret Ma Murray Community School (Operated by YMCA of Northern British Columbia)
- Robert Ogilvie Elementary (Operated by YMCA of Northern British Columbia)
- Taylor Elementary – Seamless Day Kindergarten (Opened October 2021)
- Transportation can be arranged for students from CM Finch and Ecole central to participate in a BASC program at one of the school district sites. Students would be dropped off in the morning at the designated BASC site, transported to either Ecole Central or CM Finch, and picked up at the end of the day to return to the BASC site. Contact our coordinator for more information – Before and After School Care Coordinator at email@example.com or 250-264-7186
More Information on Child Care
For more information on child care options please connect with Child Care Resource & Referral through their website at https://www.spcrs.ca/programs/child-care-resource-referral