School District 60 experienced a unique, inspirational learning event for its young ladies this week, with the first ever The Road Less Travelled Young Women’s Career Conference. Grade nine female students from across the district were invited to convene to listen to the life stories of local, female role models and gather career choice insights. After, students spread apart to different breakout room options before reconvening for a group networking lunch.
Northern Lights College graciously provided the venue space and the writing supplies for the students. Recognition is also provided to the following people and organizations for helping to make the day a wonderful success.
- Judy Kucharuk, Manager of Special Events, Encana Events Centre
- Laura Prosko, Community Services Director, District of Taylor
- Mayor Lori Ackerman, City of Fort St John
- Rayel Cooper, Operator, Shell Canada Ltd
- Rae Evans, Division Director, Investors Group Financial Services Inc.
- Kristi Pimm, Co-owner, Alpha Controls
- Alycia Calkins, Jasmine Giesbrecht, Alexandria Mackey & Selena Wiebe from MNP
- Chelsy Cooper from Epscan Ltd.
- Jenna Felske from Northern Lights College
- Aimee McCrae from Northern Lights College
- Pam Eales from the Industry Training Authority
If you missed the event and would like to see the program, please click this file, Program Handout – Road Less Travelled (Blog).