Earlier in September students and staff participated in a variety of learning events culminating in the planting of over a dozen trees on the Bert Ambrose school playground in collaboration with Tree Canada and community partners.
Bert Ambrose Elementary and School District 60 would like to thank the following people and organizations
- Roberta Chouinard (PAC Parent and Indigenous Education staff member) who helped organize the project
- Pembina who helped students with planting the trees
- Reg Whiten – on behalf of Tree Canada
- SD60 Maintenance Staff for their help with ground preparation
- SD60 Indigenous Education Centre staff and students who helped with the ceremony
Thank you to the many parents, organizations, and companies that provide support to programming in our schools. If you, your company, or organization would like to help, please connect with the Principal at your nearest school.
The Alaska Highway News has shared an article about the program. It is available at https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/green-thumbs-make-for-greener-school-at-bert-ambrose-1.23952677