Parents can register online through the provincial student information system MyEducationBC using a computer/laptop (or Request the desktop site using your mobile browser features) or schedule an appointment for in-person registration starting in January 2021 . If you have difficulties with the online registration please check the support document in the related links for this page or contact your school.
In-person registration will need to be scheduled in advance and follow the listed health and safety protocols:
- scheduled in advance
- provide contact tracing information
- complete/acknowledge a health self-check
- sanitize hands upon entry to the school building
- maintain 2m distance from others
- wear a mask
Online registrations after June 30 will be processed in late August and early September. In-person registrations are available again one week before school begins in the fall.
All Peace River North Elementary Schools are now accepting Kindergarten Student and All Grades for New Student Registrations
- Children who will be five (5) years of age by December 31, 2021 are eligible for registration in Kindergarten at their local schools.
- Registration for Kindergarten students for the 2021/2022 school year will take place online and in-person at schools by appointment during regular school hours.
School Catchment and Home Schools
Please register directly with your home school whether it be online or in-person. Catchments were changed in 2020 (Catchment Scenario G). If you are uncertain of the school boundaries (also known as catchment areas) please contact the nearest school or scroll to the bottom of our School Catchment Locator and enter in your address. It is strongly recommended that you register at your earliest convenience. Online registrations that are out of catchment will be transferred to the correct school.
- If a family would like a variance from their home catchment school:
- register at the home catchment school online or in-person with an appointment
- apply for a variance for the school of preference. For more information about variance process please read the letter available at https://www.prn.bc.ca/school-variances/
French Immersion Kindergarten is available at École Central Elementary School of the Arts only. Please call the school (250-785-4511) for further information regarding the French Immersion program. For students entering Grade One, French Immersion is also a possibility at École Central depending on space. A Variance is not required for registration in French Immersion however space is limited. If a waitlist is established online registrations will be transferred to the home school catchment so that a space is reserved.
Distributed Learning Options
Busing will be provided for rural Kindergarten programs. Availability and times vary from school to school so please call your school or Transportation for the appropriate details. Students on a variance may not be eligible for transportation depending on seat/route availability.
PLEASE BRING / OR HAVE A DIGITAL COPY AT THE READY FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
YOUR CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
Proof of Residence can be provided through any of the following with your current address listed:
- Driver’s License
- Utility Bill
- Mortgage Statement
- Credit Card Invoice
- Municipal Tax bill
- Rental Agreement
- Notary Authorized Letter
YOUR CHILD’S IMMUNIZATION RECORD
If you do not have a child in a BC public school you can request an account at the link below to start the process. If you already have a MyEducation BC family portal account, use that account to start the registration process.
If you have any difficulty with the online registration please see the related support document.