Technology Services will require strong passwords and enable security restrictions for Active Directory (District Wide Login) resources with the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum number of characters (to be shared directly to staff)
- Complexity requirements (to be shared directly to staff)
- Maximum Password Age (to be shared directly to staff)
- Enforce Password History (to be shared directly to staff)
- Account Lockout after numerous invalid attempts
For help with changing your password please see http://bit.ly/60chgpass
Password settings are to be used to set minimum requirements for strong passwords. The purpose of strong passwords is to protect organizational and student information.
This requirement will impact all staff Active Directory accounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
All staff are required to protect organizational and student information.
Enacted February 20, 2019
3rd Draft: January 22, 2019 – changed some details to “to be shared directly with staff”
2nd Draft: December 4, 2018 – changed policy to requirement
First Draft: December 3, 2018.
Enforcement will be handled through settings in Active Directory.