POLICY NO.: 4019 DATE APPROVED: 1971-08
This Policy will allow building administrators to approve the private use of facilities, if deemed warranted, and in accordance with the attached regulations.
An employee may use school facilities or equipment under the following conditions:
1. Prior approval is requested from the administrator.(as per attached Use of School District Facilities by Employees)
2. The administrator has considered the circumstances and feels approval is warranted. Administrators are asked to consider precedent setting and the impact on facilities or equipment prior to granting approval.
3. It is understood that damages and/or expenses incurred due to the private use is the responsibility of the user.
4. The administrator may assess a small maintenance fee if he/she feels that the equipment may require additional maintenance as a direct result of personal employee use.
5. Any concerns arising may be handled by the Superintendent of Schools or the Secretary-Treasurer in consultation with the administrator.
6. As an employee school facilities and equipment is not to be used for financial gain or private business purposes.
Revised: 1992-04, 2008-03, 2011-10
Use of School District Facilities by Employees
Location requested: ____________________________
Date Requested: ______________________________
Indemnification and Hold Harmless Clause
(user) shall indemnify and hold harmless School District 60 – Peace River North, and any of its officers, employees, servants, agents, and contractors from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use and/or occupation of the property belonging to the (School District) by the (user), except to the extent that such loss arises from the independent negligence of the School District.
Waiver of Subrogation Clause
____________________(user) hereby agrees to waive all rights of subrogation or recourse against the School District with respect to the use or occupation by the (user) of the premises described in the Agreement.
Incident Reporting Requirement
Following an accident or incident an Incident Report Form must be completed and submitted within forty-eight (48) hours whenever:
medical/first aid attention is required
loss or damage to (School District) property occurs.
Signature of User ___________________________
Signature of Principal/Supervisor ___________________________