This blog post is coupled with a training session of the same name that is available to schools.
The requirements to complete this task are
- Access to school view, Student TT, Attendance TT, Global TT
- Fundamentals – Filter, Sort, Query, Show Selected
- Running a saved Quick Report
The end result of this process is pulling a report that organizes lates and absences by period per student. You may decide to run only parts of this process to find important information about a student’s attendance.
The quick report will produce one page per Period per Student. It will work for AM/PM schools or P1, P2… schools.
- School View > Student TT > Options > Analytics > Period Attendance by Student (elem) or Period Attendance by Student and Section (middle and high)
- This process may take minutes to complete. Allow it to finish.
- Results will be shown of number of records created and time it took to finish when complete
- Global TT > Analytics ST > use the pick list magnifying glass to select the analytics definition of Period Attendance by Student or Period Attendance by Student and Section
- Sort by a field of interest such as Unexcused Total. Click once to sort lowest, a second click to sort highest.
- Take note of the students of most concern
- You may want to select a group > Options > Show Selected > Quick Print menu > Web Page (HTML) to create a list in a second window
- Navigate to Attendance TT > Class History ST
- Filter: Current School Year (or as needed)
- Query for one or more student names. If you are querying for multiple student names make certain to use the OR operator in your query.
- Query Step 1 – select the Student table
- Query Step 2 – Select Name
- Query Step 3 – Operator of Equals
- Query Step 4 – enter in the student name in the lastname, firstname format that you kept track of from number 4 above
- Query Step 5 – ADD (or OR for subsequent students)
- Query Step 6 – Set search based on to Current School Year if you want the full year. Or choose another pertinent option.
- Query Step 7 – Search
- If queried correctly you will now have records for only the student(s) you queried for. From this list you will use a quick report which is found under Reports > Quick Reports > Saved Report > Period Attendance.
- You do not need to change any options in the quick report. Click through the steps or hit Finish when the button is available to be clicked.
- This will create a web page (html) report in another window that you can PDF for reference.