We are moving our page over to www.prn.bc.ca/IE/ . Please visit us there!
Aboriginal Education Centre
DISTRICT PRINCIPAL – Pat Jansen
- Serves all schools in District No. 60.
- Works with teachers/support workers/administrators/community.
- Develops and promotes Aboriginal programs to increase knowledge and understanding in community.
- Assists with and provides cultural awareness sessions for teachers/administrators and community.
DISTRICT ABORIGINAL EDUCATION CENTER COUNSELOR – Dale Boissonneault
- Serves all schools in the district.
- Provides one-to-one and group counselling to Aboriginal students.
- Facilitates workshops/presentations for students/teachers/administrators/community.
- Restorative Justice facilitation.
- Runs educational sweat lodges.
- Provides cultural resources/activities for teachers in the classroom.
- Identifies suitable Aboriginal resources to staff/administrators and community.
DISTRICT ABORIGINAL EDUCATION CENTER YCW (Youth Care Worker) – TBA
- Works with teachers and administrators, and with Aboriginal students and parents, to promote the classroom success and eventual graduation of secondary students.
- Provides related support services to teachers, parents and school administrators.
- Works with teachers, school administrators and district personnel to promote Aboriginal cultural awareness within the classroom.
DISTRICT ABORIGINAL EDUCATION CULTURAL ASSW (Aboriginal Student Support Worker) – Bernice Shadow
- Provides cultural support to School ASSWs, teachers and community.