What should I do with all these music books and instruments?!?!?!?!?
…. And how do I read music?
Who : All K-6 teachers, EAs & Administrators!
When : January 24 Pro-D 9am-3pm
Where : Ma Murray Music Room
If you want to come, let Sabrina Brooks email@example.com know so she can plan, or just show up. Sabrina has been teaching music from kindergarten all the way up to adult band for the last 10 years.
We will be learning:
- Basic music theory
- Reading music – ¼ notes, 1/8th notes, 1/16th
- Using instruments to demonstrate beat and rhythm
- Writing songs to go with beat and rhythm.
- Music staff and note placements
- Implementing “Music Play” curriculum into the classroom.
- We will got through lessons step by step
- Demonstrations of each step
- The afternoon will be spent with teacher’s going through their music binders putting together lessons with support offered.
Date: October 19, 2018
Target Audience: teachers with little/no musical background
Time: 8:45 – 2:45
Location: Clearview School
Hosted by: Marla Miller
Registration Deadline: October 17
Registration Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org