A couple of highlights from Board Policy 0202 – Acceptable Internet Use which governs all staff and students in their use of online resources along with the Acceptable Use Agreement which all students/parents are to sign at the beginning of the year if they wish to use any technology in the district.
- Internet access is provided for educational and research purposes and to provide opportunities for collaborative work
- Copyright violation is a bad thing, respect the work of others
- Use of Internet/email for commercial, political, product/service advertising is prohibited
- Your email is not private, district staff have access to your email – you should be cautious of what you send or write including private student information.
- Security is a high priority, you should protect your accounts and passwords
- Please refer to the network etiquette in the policy, be nice to each other online.
- Users accept all risk
Please take the time and read 0202 so that you are aware of it.