SD60 along with possible partners are working towards expanding internet connectivity not only to Clearview School but the surrounding areas. Internet has become a critical infrastructure for schools, companies, and many residents.
Below is a map with some possible partners and significant locations in the Clearview/Flat Rock/Goodlow area. If you are interested in joining the discussion please email email@example.com
View Clearview Internet in a larger map
Internet service at the Board Office has been restored. Telus identified an issue with their equipment and by 4:00pm had the faulty fibre equipment replaced. Thank-you for your understanding and patience while we resolved this issue.
We are currently experiencing random internet service outages at the Board Office. PLnet and Telus are working on this issue and Telus has identified a problem with their fibre switch. As soon as Tech Services knows more we will update you.
Thank you for your patience.
A couple of highlights from Board Policy 0202 – Acceptable Internet Use which governs all staff and students in their use of online resources along with the Acceptable Use Agreement which all students/parents are to sign at the beginning of the year if they wish to use any technology in the district.
- Internet access is provided for educational and research purposes and to provide opportunities for collaborative work
- Copyright violation is a bad thing, respect the work of others
- Use of Internet/email for commercial, political, product/service advertising is prohibited
- Your email is not private, district staff have access to your email – you should be cautious of what you send or write including private student information.
- Security is a high priority, you should protect your accounts and passwords
- Please refer to the network etiquette in the policy, be nice to each other online.
- Users accept all risk
Please take the time and read 0202 so that you are aware of it.
Internet Safety with Parents
Had an enjoyable evening with several parents last night about internet and safety. I’ve included the presentation above, but it was mostly great conversations.
I tracked questions and concerns on twitter and have included them below.
jbellsd60 what are the right questions to be asking our kids? #sd60
jbellsd60 time and a place for technology #sd60
jbellsd60 education is important around using internet and technology for good #sd60
jbellsd60 internet over xbox, talking with other gamers/users #sd60
jbellsd60 keeping up to date with what they are doing, what they are using #sd60
jbellsd60 lack of technical skills in teachers – concern #sd60