I just want to give you an update on the WWP 09-10 roll-out and what Technology Services will be doing and what is expected of the schools. We’ve made some changes to how we are doing the roll out which will hopefully have a cleaner roll-out than we did last year. I fully expect that there will be challenges with batteries but we’ve discussed how to get any problems dealt with at the sites during the roll-out day there.
- A google doc was shared with administrators to sign up for their date.
- We will do the extract from BCeSIS on Monday the 14th. Schools do not need to get us the info, they just need to have it updated in BCeSIS
- Any changes after the 14th must be work-ordered as you would normally for a new student. If there are large divisional changes please email me and we will extract again but please WO for one or two
- We will print and have contract files delivered to the schools and inserted into the laptops in the cart at least one day before roll-out. We will do a divisional list of who has what laptop as well.
- Carts will be plugged in and checked for cleanliness
- Cart will be unlocked (key stops removed) on the day of roll-out
- There will be a sign on each cart where the technician will sign off on cleanliness of the laptops and carts etc.
- If you are dissatisfied with the cleanliness of laptops and carts please email Rick Phillips
- A technician will be on site during roll-out to assist with any problems (batteries etc), possibly during evening roll-outs as well (working on that)
- A new line with checkbox appears on the contract regarding payment of the $67 rental charge that parents need to check if they are paying for it. Please do not refer to this as a fee. It is optional.
- One significant change: Schools will be asked to compile an adapter/backpack spreadsheet by division of which kids will be getting an adapter after contracts are signed (and I suggest you wait for payment before adding them to the list). This spreadsheet will be sent to Sharon Irving. We will then use this spreadsheet to deliver the correct number of adapters. We will also be using this spreadsheet for control/accounting purposes
- Adapters will be delivered as soon as possible after we get the spreadsheet.
- Students that pay the rental charge after the spreadsheet has been sent will receive an adapter through the regular work order process. No need for one work order per child please! If you have ten kids who’ve paid late, add them in a WO with their names and student number and ask for ten adapters.
- Since adapters will not be assigned on the same day as the roll-out students will not likely be taking them home right away.
If you have questions please let me know.