The May 9th planning day saw us join together with Student Support Services for most of the morning. We started the day looking at a district update on the Energetic Learning Campus. SSS joined us while we were talking about the technology and philosophy of the ELC. Grounded in Project Based Learning and 21st Century Skills the ELC will be an exciting place to be.
We then moved onto a presentation about 21st Century skills which featured video clips and some definitions from the Premier’s Technology Council’s report on 21st Century learning from December of 2010. I’ll include a slideshare below of the presentation with video links rather than the videos.
From there we moved to a World Cafe with Student Support Services and Technology Services that asked them six questions. The questions and their responses are available in the pictures below. Click on the pictures for a larger size.
- What does success look like for technology in our district?
- What are ways we can contribute to support 21st Century and Project Based Learning?
- What are the professional learning needs that need to be met to enable us to move forward to 21st Century teaching and learning
- What are the strengths we have as a school/district/department in innovation and that we can draw on?
- What opportunities exist given our current expertise and priorities?
- What are some of the obstacles / barriers to moving forward with 21st Century and PBL?