POLICY NO.: 3002 DATE APPROVED: 96-09-11
SUBJECT: Local Educational Initiatives
The Board welcomes and will consider community proposed educational initiatives.
R E G U L A T I O N S
The Board will consider community initiated educational proposals when the following requirements are met:
1. the proposal contains a statement of philosophy and objectives
2. the proposal meets the requirements of the School Act and Regulations, Ministerial Orders, Board Policy and the Provincial prescribed and District approved curriculum.
3. the proposed program or school will be open for application by any students in the attendance area, or district, as directed by the Board.
4. the proposal will provide opportunity for students, parents and staff to participate in discussions where appropriate about the philosophy and curriculum included within the proposal.
5. the proposed program or school can be sustained with available funding levels
Within the context of its deliberations the Board may commission fact finding opportunities.