SPECIAL ED. RUBRICS
Take a look at the “Effective Practices” Rubrics from www.sherlockcenter.org to see how they’ve displayed the continuum of practices demonstrated by those involved in Special Education support.
- Download the page marked “Effective Practices for Students with Disabilities that Significantly Affect Function.”
- Open the PDF File
- Go to page 4 of the download. Voila! This is the rubric we’d use!
SPECIAL ED. CONFERENCES
Please visit the provincial BC CASE site for resources
Provincial Resource Programs
There are several provincially funded outreach programs that work in collaboration and consultation with school teams. Peace River North has a district partner for each resource program.
|POPARD: Provincial Outreach Program for Autism Related Disorders||http://www.autismoutreach.ca/|
|POPEI: Provincial Outreach Program for Early Intervention||http://popei.sd38.bc.ca/|
|PISP: Provincial Inclusion Outreach Program||http://www.pisp.ca/|
|POPFASD: Provincial Outreach for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder||https://www.fasdoutreach.ca/|
|SET BC: Special Education Technology in BC||https://www.setbc.org/|
For a complete list of other Provincial Resource Programs, visit https://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/specialed/special_ed_policy_manual.pdf#page=101
Here are some useful links to guide your practice:
- Ministry of Education of British Columbia
BC Learning Plan http://www.bcedplan.ca/
- BC Curriculum https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/
- Differentiated Instruction https://www.caroltomlinson.com