School District #60 Users:
All school bookings must be approved and verified by your school administrator.
1. Check the School District #60 Cameron Lake Calendar for open dates: http://www.prn.bc.ca/cameronlake/?page_id=4
2. Download and complete the Booking Form , Field Trip Permission Slip (for Principal), and Planning Form. Please note that you are now requested to select TWO ‘Programs’ per day from the ‘Environmental Science’ category. (Please refer to the ‘PROGRAMS‘ page found on this website…) Once complete (and signed by an administrator), email the form to James MacDonald: email@example.com, and fax the form to Hudson’s Hope School: 250 783 5465.
3. Once the approval email/fax has been received, your request will be accepted in the order received. If no-one has booked the date ahead of you, an email will be sent to you and your administrator confirming your booking. This usually takes a minimum of 24 hours. Your booking will appear on the Cameron Lake Booking Calendar.
4. Please note that upon completion of your trip, the Cameron Lake site must be cleaned as requested by the Site Coordinator and the Cameron Lake Handbook. Otherwise an additional $50.00 will be charged to your school for cleaning purposes.
5. To cancel a booking, follow the same procedure above. Cancellations must have a minimum of 14 days notice, otherwise a $50.00 fee will be charged to your school (with the exception of cancellations due to weather conditions). Be sure to keep a verification email (from James MacDonald/Derrek Beam).
Non-School District #60 Users:
Follow the same procedure described above. For forms refer to the Private Group Forms section of the Forms Page. Please note that Non-S.D. 60 bookings will require a $150.00 to $500.00 deposit depending on group size with the same parameters described above.
- The planning form and schedule included in this handbook should also be filled out in advance and sent to the Site Coordinator. All activities to be undertaken during the site visit must be listed on the schedule.
- The activities, schedule and Meal Plan must be approved by the school principal.
- Non School District 60 Groups may apply to use the site. See the section of the handbook that deals with Non School District groups.
- Groups must bring first-aid supplies
- The Center can accommodate up to 60 People in total
- Bookings may be any length of time from an hour to up to one week.
- The Center is available for use during Holidays and Weekends.
- There must be at least one person on site who has attended an on-site orientation session.
- Student consent and medical information forms MUST be submitted to the school principal prior to the trip.
If you must cancel a booking for any reason you must contact the site coordinator immediately. Cancellations made less than a week before the site visit is scheduled will be charged a 50 dollar cancellation fee.